Detectives Investigate an Attempted Abduction in Lake Charleston DevelopmentPBSO
Detectives are investigating an attempted abduction.
Deputies responded to a call of an attempted abduction in the 7300 block of Zurich Circle, (Lake Charleston Development).
The chain of events as we were told by the child are as follows:
• Shortly after the child returned home from school he decided to play outside
• The child was kicking a ball around when the ball went over a fence
• The child retrieved the ball from the fence area when he was approached by an unknown male
• The child describes the male as possibly black, he did not get a physical look at him
• The child believes the vehicle is a white family style van with a dent in the back
• The child believes the possible abductor was the passenger of the white van
• The possible abductor DID NOT speak to the child
Deputies were called to the residence at 3:45 pm. No composite availability at this time.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office REMINDS the parents to talk to their children:
• Teach your children to take action, such as; point out places to go to for help when walking to and from school, the park, etc.
• Remind your children to travel with a buddy or in a group
• Warn your children about accepting rides or changing plans without your permission
• Teach them the tricks would-be abductors use, such as; offering money or asking for help
• Encourage your children to tell a trusted adult whenever anything or anyone makes them uncomfortable
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-458-TIPS.
You can remain ANONYMOUS by downloading our new app “CONNECT & PROTECT”, “See Something Say Something” for your Apple or Android Smart Phone.