Community

Team Slater Update

Who remembers Slater? The strong boy who was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer. His story inspired us all this past summer. Our SWAT and the K9 teams sent Slater another reminder that we haven't forgotten him and continue to cheer him on. This is an update from his family: "How can we possibly thank PBSO - Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office any more for what they have done and continue to do for our boys?!!!! Here is a continuation, a follow-up...

Active Shooter Situations

In light of the tragic event that took place this week in Ventura County, PBSO would like to remind everyone what we can do during an Active Shooter situation. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families, victims and everyone else affected with the recent shooting, especially the officer from the Ventura County Sheriff's Office who was killed in the line of duty protecting his community from this senseless act. See all PBSO videos on our PBSO TV channel!

Teen Rescued from Nearly Drowning Reunites with First Responders

First responders, including PBSO's Marine Unit hero, Joe Pollock, reunited with the teen who they prevented from nearly drowning. “I remember the feeling of helplessness when I was on the way up and I knew I wouldn’t make it up,” said Casey Staniszewski in a press conference after thanking everyone involved in his rescue, including his friend who was there with him, the medical staff at St Mary’s, the first responders from the Palm Beach County Sheriff Marine Unit, Palm...

Deputy-Involved Shooting at Forest Hill and Military

PBSO is investigating a deputy-involved shooting that occurred at Forest Hill Blvd and Military Trail, on the southwest side. The deputy received minor injuries and is currently being treated. The subject was taken to a local hospital to be treated for a gunshot wound. This is the press conference from Sheriff Ric Bradshaw regarding this incident.

Domestic Violence Victim’s Story

A victim of domestic violence speaks about her experience and gives tips to other victims on how to handle what they are going through. Also, a PBSO Victim's Advocate explains how The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office helps victims. We want you to know that we are here to help. If you or someone you know is a victim, call us 561-688-3400. There is more information on our Domestic Violence page.