PBSO arrests Miesha Perkins of Louisiana for 3 counts of Child NeglectPBSO
PBSO arrests Miesha Perkins, DOB: 3/27/84, of Louisiana for 3 counts of Child Neglect
Timeline of child abandonment:
- PBSO received a 911call, at approximately 5:00 am, stating that an adult female driving a 2018 white Chevy SUV Equinox abandoned a 8 year old child at a gas station at Okeechobee Blvd and Drexel Road, unincorporated West Palm Beach
- At approximately 9:00 am, WPB PD received a call stating an adult female abandoned a 3 year old child at Publix located in the 300 block of S. Rosemary Ave, West Palm Beach
- At approximately 9:15 am, WPB PD received information that the vehicle, a 2018 white Chevy SUV Equinox, was located on the corner of Sunrise and North Ocean Blvd, Palm Beach. When WPB PD officers arrived they located an adult female walking away from the vehicle, abandoning the 1 year old inside the closed, locked vehicle.
- Almost immediately after walking away from the vehicle the female was detained
- The female was transported to West Palm Beach Police Department where she was questioned
- After questioning the female it was determined that she did in fact abandon the children at the locations above
- The female was arrested for 3 counts of Child Neglect
- The female is awaiting transportation to the Palm Beach County Jail where she will be booked on the above charges
Further information, detectives learned that Miesha and the children’s father were in route from Louisiana to Palm Beach County. Somewhere along the way the father was removed from the vehicle. Once Miesha arrived in Palm Beach County she began to abandon the children at the locations above.