Reserve & Auxiliary Unit
This unit is made up of dedicated state certified volunteers who assist and augment the personnel of the Sheriff’s Office with everything from road patrol to specialized units, such as Narcotics, Community Policing, Marine Unit, Mounted Unit, kids programs, DUI checkpoints, special events and many other areas.
Reserve & Auxiliary Deputy Sheriffs are active members of the community who are trained to act in a limited manner as a Deputy Sheriff. They receive ongoing training in all aspects of law enforcement functions and work alongside of Deputies.
The Law Enforcement Reserve & Auxiliary Unit is a volunteer program geared toward those community members who take an active role in the safety of Palm Beach County and the people who live, work, and visit here. It takes a genuine, long-term commitment to be a Reserve Deputy Sheriff with the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
For more information on Reserve Deputy or Auxiliary Deputy opportunities, call to make an appointment at (561)688-3796 or email us at RESERVE@pbso.org
One of the greatest rewards of this program is an ability to have a direct impact on the crime and other quality of life issues within unincorporated Palm Beach County neighborhoods.
- Must possess a valid Florida Law Enforcement or Auxiliary Certification
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must be a High School Graduate or have a GED
- Must be free from any of following convictions: Felony, Domestic Violence, violation of FDLE Guidelines, Misdemeanors involving perjury or false statements, any 1st or 2nd degree misdemeanors within the last three years
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged from any of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License, with no at fault accidents or convictions for violation(s) of traffic laws within the past twelve months