Welcome to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office Job Application Site
Palm Beach County was established on April 30, 1909, becoming the state’s 47th county. It is the third largest in population and square mileage of Florida’s 67 counties. The 2007 estimated population is 1,295,033 and the county spans 2,386 square miles. The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office (PBSO) provides law enforcement, civil, and corrections services to the residents of Palm Beach County. Sheriff Ric L. Bradshaw is the sixteenth individual to serve as Palm Beach County’s chief law enforcement officer.
Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veterans’ Preference to be requested at time application is submitted.
Please note all phone calls and emails are only being answered during business office hours.
- State of Florida Retirement System
- Health Care (HMO, POS, or PPO)
- Dental (HMO or PPO)
- Vision Care
- Life Insurance
- Cost of Living Adjustment
- Longevity Pay
- Longevity Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts & Deferred Compensation
- Competitive Sick, Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Take Home Vehicle
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 3-Hours Minimum Court & Call-Out Pay
- Annual Increases
- Gym/Weight Room
- Job openings are posted weekly. New jobs are posted on Mondays.
- Jobs are posted for 10 business days, excluding holidays.
- Job applications must be received in Human Resources no later than 11:59PM on the closing date listed on the job posting for the position you apply for. PBSO reserves the right to close a job posting at any time.
- Please refrain from uploading documents, except a resume, with your on-line application. Your application and any attachments you upload are subject to Florida Statute 119.07 AND may be provided pursuant to a public records request.
- It is your responsibility to monitor the status and communication of your online account.
- All correspondences regarding your online application will be provided electronically. It is your responsibility to update your applicant account with the most current contact information (i.e. email address, home address and telephone number
- If an electronic message is sent to you and you fail to respond, your application may be terminated.
- NO excessive tattoos, body ornamentation, or intentional, disfigurement that cannot be completely covered by a dress collar, long sleeves, or long pants. (One tattoo, 3″ x 3″, on each arm is permissible.)
- PBSO is a drug free, smoke free environment.
- Participation in PBSO Drug and Alcohol examination is a condition of employment
- Applicants considered for hire will be subject to a background history record check.