PBSO gives $168,000 In ScholarshipsAdmin
Over $168,000 was given to qualifying children of PBSO employees for college assistance. We do this every year at our Broken Star Scholarship Awards ceremony.
Broken Star Fund
The Broken Star Fund was incorporated in 1984 as a 501c4 Tax Exempt Organization. (Not Tax Deductible). It is for the general welfare and benefit of the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office employees and family members.
The Broken Star Fund provides the follwing:
- Help the Fallen Deputies Family.
- Financial Support to Members who have had a “catastrophic event” in their lives.
- Flowers upon the death of an employee or employee’s immediate family members. The immediate family is define as (father, mother, son, daughter, husband, wife, domestic partner, brother, sister, domestic partner’s bother or sister, grandfather, grandmother, great-grandparents, grandchildren, father-in-law, mother-in-law, domestic partner’s mother or father, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, domestic partner’s son or daughter, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother, stepsister, half brother, or half sister.
- Flowers for an employee who has an over night stay in the hospital.
- Provide annual scholarships to children of employees. We fund the scholarships.
- Help with some of the cost for the “Annual P.B.S.O. Employee Picnic”.
- Make contributions to charitable organizations approved by the board.
How is the Broken Star Fund supported?
- Payroll contributions by the employees.
- Citizens Contributions (Donation Form)
- Proceeds from the Broken Star Golf Tournament.