PBSO Super Bowl Safety Sunday TipsZimichi
Revenge, sweet revenge. The Patriots are only one game away from getting the ultimate NFL revenge.
This means: football, snacks, suspense, sweat, tears, joy and believe it or not, lots of calls of services.
For that reason, we put together a few Super Bowl safety Sunday tips:
For those attending parties, please plan ahead!
- Begin by arranging your DD (designated driver) in advance. There is always one among the crowd who doesn’t drink.
- If not, there are plenty of other options, ride-sharing, Taxis, Uber, Lyft, etc.
- Getting a DUI is just getting caught, the concern PBSO has is fatal car accidents. Ask yourself, is it worth it?
For those hosting parties, your family, friends, and significant others’ lives are in your hands. No pressure.
- Be proactive by having a key holder by the door to be able to confiscate keys from partygoers who have been drinking.
- A great party has great food, make sure to serve plenty of food, particularly protein-rich to slow alcohol absorption.
- Needless to say, don’t serve alcohol to minors (21 of age), especially if they are driving.
- Limit the amounts of alcohol. It’s better to have the alcohol finish than to give everyone the excuse to continue drinking.
- Lastly, make sure your loved ones are buckled up, seat belts are the best defense against other vehicles.
- A drunk host is not a host. Be responsible by limiting your alcohol consumption in order to make smart decisions for your guests.
We will be patrolling Sunday night on the lookout for drivers under the influence. PBSO is determined to keep irresponsible drivers off the roads.
Remember, those charged with DUI could face up to a year in the county jail and not to mention over $10,000 in court and insurance fees.