Deputies Responding Also Were Overcome by Carbon Monoxide

Carbon Monoxide

Deputies Responding Also Were Overcome by Carbon Monoxide

On Wednesday, September 13, 2017, at 12:39 pm, deputies responded to a suspicious incident in the 13500 block of Caloosa Blvd. Upon arrival deputies encountered a female who was doing a welfare check on her parents saying that she found her parents on the floor covered in blood and not breathing.

Further investigation determined that the couple left a generator running on the back porch which was secreting inside the house. Deputies immediately gave first aid, opened windows, doors and began to remove the residents before being overcome by the fumes. In addition, one of the deputies was bit by the family dog.

The residents are currently in stable condition. Deputies have fully recovered.


While residents await the restoration of power, it is important to maintain proper safety measures while using a generator.

Please keep your generator at least 10ft. away from your home and away from open windows.

Let your generator cool down before refueling.

Never refill your generator while it is running

Share this post

Adjust Fontsize
Contrast Options: